Goodbye Barn, Hello Flowers!



Once I was a sheep. Grazing with no ambition on the pastures of ignorance. I had choices, choices laid down from the foundations of the world. Choices I could only make on my own, by my own will but at the early stage of my life, I was led astray to these pastures. Abused a number of times by the so-called shepherds who lied to me telling me they where there to protect me but instead always wanting only my wool, my milk, my meat, forsaking me to the harsh realities of the dark nights in the barn, under the winter cold with only the promise of more grazing tomorrow.

Tired of life, tired of having just grass as meals, I began to ask questions. Surprisingly I began to receive answers to my questions. I was astonished at the clarity they brought me. I was told that I had the answers all the time. That all I had to do to get them was just ask questions. Hmm... So questions I began to ask, asking my heart out every day and with the answers I got, I began to dream. I began to visualize. I began to see myself a sheep becoming something else, that something desiring far from becoming a shepherd like those cruel caretakers for literally that is what the do, take, take, take. The take my care, the take from my well-being and then give me garbage. I had looked around the barn and noticed the other sheep. A majority had resigned to fate while a few wished the could become like those shepherds, taking, taking, taking and not giving anything of value.

What kept me going was the answers I was getting, so I kept asking. What was I doing here? How did I become of this nature? What can be done to remedy this predicament? What would I like to be if I could change my nature?

I had to choose who or what I wanted to become. I had to just choose. After a brief introspection, I choose to be a butterfly. I wanted to fly everywhere beautiful. I wanted to feed on choice things and visit all the beautiful flowers of the world. I didn't want the restraint of the barn, rather I preferred the boundless universal space because in truth the space it provided was infinite.

I wanted to enjoy solitude. I wanted to experience silence and being still. I wanted to experience oneness. Those things resonated within the core of me. I could flutter over trees, mountains and beautiful blue oceans.  I could find a companion in someone who wasn't restrained too. I could finally be free of the cares of a world so beautiful but disguised by the shepherds as been full of danger because they used it to inspire fear which was their most versatile weapon. This they used to keep us, sheep, relying on them, thereby always having a full barn. I thought that I could finally be FREE, at least free to choose what to eat. Something in that last thought aroused the life in me every time.
So day and night I did more dreaming. I fluttered in my mind exactly how I wanted to when I metamorphose.

Gradually things began to change. The shepherds at first became extremely harsh towards me, then after a while, they didn't seem to be interested in me any more. The just let me be, they let me dream like it was my birthright, like it was an arrangement by divine orchestration. After a while, it seemed the could not recognize me. The no longer were treating me like a sheep, in fact, it seemed like the didn't know I was present in the barn anymore. Now I felt connected, I began to feel light-hearted. What had I become?

I thought of going out in the open sky but fear made its comeback and gripped my heart. What if they slaughter me?  What if am deceiving myself. But then I remembered my vision and how light-hearted I was feeling inside. Then summing courage, I took my self outside, surprisingly the movement was effortlessly effortless and then suddenly, I began to float. Wait, wait, what is happening? I felt lighter in the physical I felt free. I felt the wind push me forward. Why am I up in the air? When did I start having a feeling of heightened wholeness, a feeling of total well-being, a feeling of boldness and power? What's up with this? As usual, answers came pouring in, one that stood out in particular and really resonated deep within me was that I should just go with the flow. And that I did, I rode the flow like a surfer riding a breaking wave. I flapped like I always did while in the playing field of my imagination and swoosh I went, going forward effortlessly again, riding the wide endless space with this power keeping me afloat fully acknowledging the powerful and ever available support system that is always available. I did these not by my ability, nor my might but by all of its founded laws. I had become my vision finally, I had become what I so desired. I now am a beautiful butterfly. I now will live forever playing and not worrying anymore. No more living to the bidding of others.

Floating higher now, I hovered around the barn looking down at everything I used to know. Looking down at everything I had been told was the truth. Everything that used to be my life. I laughed heartily and then fluttered toward other sheep. None noticed me. They were in the usual trance that was prevalent with life in the barn. Also, not even the shepherds themselves noticed me,  it was only a toddler who looked at me and playfully invited me to herself by stretching out her hands as if to touch me. I could tell she adored me. I could tell she wanted to play. Well that’s all I live for now so playfully I fluttered toward and around her, made her laugh excitedly and then fluttered higher out of the barn towards the new life where I will spend every moment making people, animals, the floras and faunas and everything created by and through love happy, making the colours of the world shine brighter. I could not wait to land on my first flower and taste of its sweet nectar. This is who I was born to be.
 A LIFE GIVER. A playful distributor of happiness and beauty. I am whole now. I am finally FREE! Thank you, God!

Thanks for reading this work. You can tell me what you think in the comments section. Stay well. Peace, Love and Harmony.

Comments

Popular Posts